Friday 15 June 2012

MPI on the Pi


Understandably, configuring and compiling large C programs on the Raspberry Pi is a process which requires a fair amount of patience. Especially when after 30 minutes ./configure (ing), you get this error:

configure: error: No Fortran 77 compiler found. If you don't need to build any Fortran programs, you can disable Fortran support using --disable-f77 and --disable-fc. If you do want to build Fortran programs, you need to install a Fortran compiler such as gfortran or ifort before you can proceed.

So inevitably;

pi@raspberrypi:~$ sudo ./configure --disable-f77 --disable-fc

I'm sorry Fortran. I do plan to revisit you some day, but attempting to compile and install an MPI on two Raspberry Pi's* is on the agenda today :)

*unnecessary apostrophe, but it looks more attractive than without it...

1 comment:

  1. As you referred to a grammatical error, I wanted to share that I had a good chuckle at the "requires a fair amount of patients" warning in the first sentence. It made me wonder if it was the mental variety that I would need. In the end I got my bramblette running without a visit to the local loony-bin. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete